Express Your Creativity & Voice
Do you want to inspire others with your creativity? We believe your voice can change the world through filmmaking. The SAISD Student Film Festival is your chance to show the world your imagination. See below for more details and rules.
3 Categories in K-5 or 6-12
There are 3 categories to choose from: Short Film, Documentary, and Animation. Enter as K-5th grade or 6th-12th grade. See below for more info about categories.
Create an original work of fiction no longer than 5 minutes such as:
Create an original documentary no longer than 5 minutes such as:
Create an original animated short no longer than 5 minutes such as:
Ready to Enter? View the Timeline.
Step 1: Production
Form a crew and secure a teacher as a sponsor. Create your film from December - March.
Step 2: Submissions
Deadline to submit your film is Wednesday March 18th. All films will be evaluated and top 3 submissions in each category will be notified.
Step 3: Judging
18 movies total will be screened at the Film Festival on April 16th at Highlands HS.
Are You a Teacher & Need Ideas or Support?
We are so excited to see what you create. Please read the following rules before entering
- All SAISD students are eligible to enter. Students can enter as individuals, teams, or as a class.
- All submissions must have a teacher sponsor to submit the film on behalf of student/s using our Online Entry Form.
- All films must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Scripts and storyboards must be approved by your teacher sponsor.
- All content, images, and music must be original, royalty free, or used with permission.
- All students appearing in the film must have Form F-26A signed by a parent.
- K-5th submissions may have technical assistance from teacher sponsor.
- 6th-12th submissions must be entirely produced by students.
- A film can only be submitted to 1 category.
- All films must be submitted before the end of day, March 18th.
- Any film deemed inappropriate may be disqualified at the discretion of the SAISD Film Festival committee.
- All films will be evaluated based on Content, Production Quality, and Creativity/Originality.